Why am I getting an androidcube.mobi notification?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
androidcube.mobi?

I own a Samsung Note3. Several weeks ago, the first thing that appears on my screen in the morning is the androidcube.mobi notification to install the "android upgrade" that would allow me to "read news faster." Until the other day, I just backed from the notification, but since it continued appearing every morning, I finally decided to click on "Install" and was redirected to installing Smart News. Still, the notification shows up every morning. I searched my phone and seven "androidcube.mobi" items exist with the Chrome logo, but there appears no way to get rid of them.

Any suggestions?

FireChrome

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: androidcube.mobi?

Hello,

From what you described a "chrome" logo most likely seems to be from a web browser. It also likely means that it is a virus. Picture this, why would you get something that will read news faster? The only way, is probably to get an antivirus app to clean your system.

Hope this helped.
FireChrome

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

By clicking on "Install," it redirected me to the Play Store and the installation of Smart News. I ran Malwarebytes and Avast Antivirus and they found nothing.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I ran a half a dozen antimalware apps that found nothing. This issue occurs every morning, the first time I turn the phone on, but never again until the next morning. Googling "androidcube.mobi" opens a login screen for Prosper202. What is Prosper202, how could I've got it on my phone, and how to get rid of it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon