Nokia phone's

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
So I just got a note3 recently. My mother liked it a lot. But when I took her shopping for one, she really liked the Nokia 1320. She did as I expected, and went and purchased it.
She loves the phone, says it's easier to navigate for her than the s3 she had.
It's buttery smooth, lighting quick, huge very nice bright screen, better in sunlight than the s3 or note3. The camera is quite ok for 5 megapixels, a SD card, faster on 4g than her WiFi.
She just does a little surfing, texting, a little Facebook, a few emails, hardly any picture taking. Battery seems to have good life.
So are there any real drawbacks, other than none removable battery, crappy front camera.
The price was about $375 with a case activation, etc. I'm happy for her, just don't want her to have purchased a really crappy phone like the LG Optimus she had once.
Feedback welcome....thanks in advance !

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If all you need is light web surfing, texting, Facebook, emails, and taking photos, then most devices will be fine. Lumia devices typically have great cameras, so that's an advantage, and the Windows UI has always been pretty slick and smooth. The big drawback with Windows is the persistent "app gap"--the unavailability of common and popular apps that are readily available on Android and iOS. But if you don't need them, then give it a go.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the app gap is usually the draw back for most people but if she's a very light smartphone user the lumia should be great. All wp devices have a great keyboard and screen. Like above stated the cameras are pretty awesome on Nokia. Especially the ones with the cz lense. If I didn't use all the apps I need for my normal every day life on Android and just needed a basic smartphone for the screen size and light work I'd get a Windows phone. They are pretty indestructible.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So are there any real drawbacks, other than none removable battery
That's like, "Other than the shooting, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?"

If she runs out of battery (that means 40%), she can't swap in a spare if she still needs the phone and there's no way to charge it. If she keeps draining it all the way (a lot of people thing the measure of a good phone is how long you can run it before it shuts off), she'll be paying a shop about $100 to open the phone and replace the battery - something she could do herself for $13 on the Note 3. (I use one as my daily driver, and always carry a spare battery, charger and "roll-up" cable with me. (My spare phone is over 10 years old, and is still running on the original 2 batteries, so I guess it works.) Charge at 40%, yes (although 50% is the sweet spot), charge at 10% or less? Buy stock in a lithium battery company.

That's not to speak about the rare case of thermal runaway - with the note 3 you rip the cover off, flip the battery out and if it burns, it burns. (Just stay upwind - lithium is very toxic.) With a non-replaceable battery - stand there and watch the phone melt.

Oh, and if she ever gets the phone wet - unless she has a pan of alcohol right there, plan on what her next phone is going to be - because she''ll need one soon. The battery will speed up the normal electrolysis tremendously.

Just a few reasons I wouldn't own a phone with a non-replaceable battery. Not even a free M8 with a free unlimited account.

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, she's a light user. She works in an office setting so no problem with charging during the work week. Short excursions on weekends. I don't think she will have the battery problem. She's already found all the bible apps she already had. I noticed there were no Antivirus apps, does w/p not need them?