Screen fast enough to play drums?

hcaley

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
On my old iphone 3G and on my wife's new iphone 4G I could download a drum application and play some real time drums, nice and snappy. However, no drum app plays well on my Nexus One; as I understand it the machine just has a poor screen for that sort of thing.

Just wondering, is it possible to get an Android phone that is as good or better than an iPhone to play a real time drum or percussion app?

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
could look into the Samsung Epic or somthing with a super AMOLED screen. I would think it also has something to do with the processing speed of the cpu...

hcaley

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, but I think it's only helpful to hear from people who know the specs of the screen hardware that relate to tapping OR who have had both types of phone. My old iPhone 3G had a much slower processor than my current Nexus One, and yet real time music playing apps are **** on the Nexus One in comparison.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well the nexus uses an older screen digitizer i believe, so you may want to pick up a galaxy S phone, or something newer.

hcaley

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
@igosanevo4g: of course, but the question is, "is it possible to get an Android phone that is as good or better than an iPhone to play a real time drum or percussion app?".

It's not really helpful to say it MIGHT be better, or even it's PROBABLY better, you see what I mean? That doesn't answer my question.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar