Battery not holding full charge

Dangerhouse

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Lately my phone hasn't been holding full charges after I charge it to the point where the screen says the battery's full. I plug it in for the night and when I boot it up, it says I only have 90% battery. I'm using a Samsung Acclaim. What should I do?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
To an extent, this is normal. Although 10% is a bit abnormal. Phones are usually designed to let the battery discharge some after it has reached a full charge in order to prevent an overcharge of the battery. Usually it will drain down a few percentage points, but 10% is abnormal (unless the Acclaim only reads in 10% increments). Try using the "bump" charging method. That is, when you wake up in the morning, unplug the phone and plug it back in to allow it to re-charge back to a full 100%.

Dangerhouse

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
To an extent, this is normal. Although 10% is a bit abnormal. Phones are usually designed to let the battery discharge some after it has reached a full charge in order to prevent an overcharge of the battery. Usually it will drain down a few percentage points, but 10% is abnormal (unless the Acclaim only reads in 10% increments). Try using the "bump" charging method. That is, when you wake up in the morning, unplug the phone and plug it back in to allow it to re-charge back to a full 100%.

I'll try that, thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante