I'm a current iOS user (since the iPod touch) who is looking to possibly switch to an Android device (on AT&T) and I have a few questions about smoothly integrating an Android device with my Mac.

(Currently, I really have enjoyed the Continuity features that integrate the iPhone with the Mac, and I'm wondering how well the integration would work with Android.)

One of my definite criteria will be a large screen, so I'm looking more towards devices with that (the 6 Plus will be my iOS choice.)

Here are my questions:

1) From what I have read, updates (barring the Nexus devices) are under the control of the *carrier*, not the manufacturer or Google. Which larger-screened device makers would have a good reputation for timely OS updates? (I know that the Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T is locked and *not* rootable, at least at this time.)
    Has anyone heard of when the AT&T GN4 will get 5.0?

2) Calendar integration seems to be the easy part (syncing with Google Calendar), but what experiences have you had with apps that integrate *notes* syncing with a Mac?

3) What have your experiences been with "screen mirroring" apps (like AirDroid's AirMirror)? Have any of you seen an app to do that which does not require rooting (and is preferably not a 'subscription' app ala AirDroid Premium?)

4) I listen to music a lot on my iPhone. I know there are music-playback apps aplenty on Android, but which one would you recommend that both plays Apple Lossless format music and can support gapless playback if specified? (I've heard a lot about an app called 'doubleTwist', but have seen few reviews on it.)

Thanks in advance for your help!
    01-29-2015 01:33 PM