Why does my SD card in my Samsung Galaxy S3 say Damaged SD card. Mount Card.?

trini88

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
SDCard in Samsung Galaxy S3 says"Damaged SD card. Mount Card."

My photos, videos and others are no longer available. Last week my phone was freezing during an incoming call and I shut it down and took out both the SD card and sim card. When I started back the phone it showed only a few of the photos and said Damaged SD card, so I removed card once again and now it says, "Damaged SD card. SD card is damaged. Try reformatting it....Please mount card.". I also used the adapter for my laptop and it asked me to reformat as well. I am not sure of which thread has the most accurate steps in retrieving back my files. Please help. Mom of a special needs child.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: SDCard in Samsung Galaxy S3 says"Damaged SD card. Mount Card."

Unfortunately, it sounds like the SD card probably has failed. This is not particularly rare, they aren't the most reliable things around and the ancient FAT32 file system used on them doesn't help. A reformat might make it usable again, but I for one would never trust a card that scrambled itself once not to do it again.

Of course, your photos are very likely gone. There's recovery software you could try but I'm afraid that in this case that's a real longshot. This is popular for Windows computers:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2F%2Fwww.piriform.com%2Frecuva&token=Re0vQ7Uo

All I can really say is buy a quality, name-brand replacement card - don't get tempted to skimp by with a cheap deal. And from now on don't fail to do backups!

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Last edited:

trini88

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Oh my. Do I do this on phone or laptop. Nothing hurts in trying.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

You would install Recuva on your laptop and put the SD card in the laptop. If your laptop doesn't have a card slot, get a USB card reader. They're really cheap, handy to have around and just plug in and go. If you still can't get your photos, well...like I said next time be sure to do backups.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance