asus padfone X RANDOM REBOOTING !!!

hazbaz

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi ,I just bough the ( padfone X) from a dealer on eBay my issue is it keeps on rebooting randomly for no reason I had tried everything from factory reset it ,also running device on safe mode clearing cache uninstalling wallpapers or unwanted apps I didn't need ,but once I managed to keep it alive I guess by keeping the apex launcher running in memory it did run okay approximately for 3 days. was running smoothly no reboots happy until one day I was playing a game and suddenly just out of no where it restarted again ,and same problem returned. I tried to do the last same trick and no use. it kept on restarting(force rebooting) every 30-20 minutes ,also got little overheating not too hot but warm !!

setup further info *no rooting *AT&T unlocked *using nova(phone) ,apex(station) with the padfone launcher app a padfone thing *used for 2 weeks only *running on kitkat 4.4.2 **sometimes on airplane mode phone runs for ever sometimes when I use AP mood it reboot in that moment * experiencing system UI crashes I noticed it crashes sometimes rather than rebooting * had over 300 random reboots in 2 weeks

padfone is awesome device I love it unfortunately still a messy device to handle . ANY HELP !!!

ohh and CPU reading is weird avg use sometimes is around 5% or 1% but the CPU GHz use is at maximum or stopped

Last edited:

alissa914

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine and it's doing it also. Mine's rooted but when I first got it, it was very sluggish. What I did notice was that it would do it when the screen went to turn off, so I figured it has something to do with the ASUS power saving mode. After getting woken up through most of the night with that horrid AT&T bootup sound :), I factory reset the device and then it started it again.

For now, I turned off the ASUS power saving mode (not Optimized, not ultra-saving, not custom.... just off). I'm not a fan of these phone manufacturers and their software inclusion choices anyway, so hopefully this helps. It seems to be relatively stable so far.