Battery news

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm no engineer, just a logical sort that tries to follow a path to conclusion. My Droid is only a week old, so my battery is probably not yet fully conditioned. But right away, I noticed that in airplane mode--no wifi, gps, bluetooth, phone or 3G at all, it would discharge overnight from 70% or more down to 40%! That's a lot with nothing going on.

So I began playing with power settings to see what it was that was causing the huge use.

It's the email. Now, I don't push my email (yet), so I just turned it off. It worked, since today, I'd lost no more than about 10% overnight. And, my gmail still comes since I'd bought something on the Market, so the gmail kicked in anyway to give me my receipt.

Just FYI for those wondering.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Just more confirmation. Last night, overnight, no battery use at all! Amazing. I'm not a 24/7 phone's on sort, so don't want to have to charge it every day. Besides, I seem to recall from gps forums that Li-on batteries have x number of charge cycles...just nice to know that it can last if you work with it.