I strongly doubt my intelligence now, but i can't find out ho to snyc/backup my phonebook to/with gmail?

edit:
    and i know, that i can exxport the telephones contacts to sd and then import them to gmail manualy. But is there an autosync option?
    12-16-2010 07:21 AM
    I'm not sure if there is a way to force it, but my contacts sync back and forth automatically over time. Contacts added to my phone appear in Gmail and vice versa.
    12-16-2010 08:50 AM
    I think only those contacts labeled as Google will sync with gmail. You may have to import those labeled as PHONE into PEOPLE as Google contacts.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    12-16-2010 09:00 AM
    only those contacts labeled as Google will sync with gmail.
    ^ This.
    12-16-2010 09:33 AM
    I think only those contacts labeled as Google will sync with gmail. You may have to import those labeled as PHONE into PEOPLE as Google contacts.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    I'm having the same issue and its driving me up the wall! My contacts are phone contacts and not google contacts and thus I can't sync my Epic with gmail. I don't understand what you mean by "importing the contacts to people". How in the world do I do that? (the one thing I did so far was I exported my contacts to the sd card into some .vcf file, which I can't open and not really sure what it is...) Thanks for the help.
    12-16-2010 01:39 PM
    I think only those contacts labeled as Google will sync with gmail.
    looks like. thanks anyway!

@adlebo:
    when you exported your Phonebook to SD you can import them to gmail. Just go to menu-import/export-import from sd and then choose gmail...
    12-17-2010 10:02 AM