Lollipop 5 auto upgrade?

2shortplanks

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I have a HTC One M8 that has somehow automatically changed ( I was going to say upgraded, but I personally don't think it is) to Lollipop.
The first thing that pi**es me off is the lock screen. I now have swipe to unlock to get to the unlock pattern? Unlocking twice, whats the logic in that?
I have also set the notifications to none, but everytime I start the phone I get a notification telling me I have no notifications? WTF?
I would desperately love to go back to kit kat, but that is probably not possible, the phone is not rooted or anything.
Any one know how to disable this lock screen fiasco, and stop any notifications at all?
My view is google has taken one step forward and three back with this.
Finally anyone know how the phone has changed when all updates are turned off?

Looking forward for any help you can provide

Thanks in advance

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You're not the only one unhappy with lollipop. There's a lot of others in the M8 section reporting issues from poor battery life to the phone lagging since acquiring it. I don't have it yet, but the feedback has me nervous. I hate the idea that carriers and manufacturers can force an update like that.

2shortplanks

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Guys,
Seems that Google enjoys pi**ing people off. Have just downloaded the 4.4.4 OS from the htcdev site. Not sure what to do with it myself, thinking of trying to get some one who knows what they're doing to see if it can be re-installed and get rid of this crap that's running the phone at the moment.
The advice of trying to stick with it for a couple of days seems a valid point, but every time I go to use the phone and have to unlock it twice it puts me off even more.
I know the consequences if it all goes wrong, but struggling to live with it at the moment, odd how such a fantastic phone can be ruined with a relatively small piece of crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae