Why am I getting the message Unfortunately Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped.?

kirbyg53

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped..

I know this has probably been posted before but I am constantly getting this message every single time I go to use the keyboard and it won't even come up for at least 30 seconds.

My phone is a Droid Razr Maxx HD, never rooted or anything like that. Running KitKat (4.4.2) I have tried clearing the phone cache, and the keyboard cache and just about every other solution known. What do I do?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped..

I know this has probably been posted before but I am constantly getting this message every single time I go to use the keyboard and it won't even come up for at least 30 seconds.

My phone is a Droid Razr Maxx HD, never rooted or anything like that. Running KitKat (4.4.2) I have tried clearing the phone cache, and the keyboard cache and just about every other solution known. What do I do?
clear the keyboard data and see if that helps. The alternative could be to use another keyboard if the issue doesn't correct and you prefer not to factory reset.

kirbyg53

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately Android Keyboard (AOSP) has stopped..

Already cleared the data about 20 times. Did nothing :( I ended up having to do a full restore because the keyboard completely stopped coming up and then the screen would all of a sudden go back to the lock screen and it also stopped keeping my wallpaper and just changing back to the default one. Not sure what happened, maybe a virus.

EDIT: Just did the full restore and the keyboard STILL won't come up... wth???????????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech