I am having a Major (dealbreaker) issue with Android Market and the Pulse

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
Ok, this is the low down on my problem.

I want to buy an application that you pay for, but first I need to set up a card on the Android Market.

So I select the thing I want to buy and go to add on a card.

All is fine apart from the expiry date thing. On the T-Mobile Pulse when I go to enter stuff in that section it puts me into the numeric keypad, BUT the dialogue expects a / between the numbers as its preferred format. It won't accept a card without the date as mm/yy - it won't accept mmyy. Now there is no way that I can find to get out of the numeric keypad in that part of the dialogue and into a normal qwerty keypad.

This means that I cannot add a card to my Android Market account for that phone.

If anyone else has a workaround let me know.

I am with T-Mobile UK (which, unlike T-Mobile US, does not do direct billing payments for Android Market whereby what you purchase is added to your mobile phone bill, and I am on pay as you go anyhow).

HELP

Phil.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Ha. I tried to Pm you the same info. Swapped back to my work screen, came back and realized my pm folder was full and it never sent.

More importantly...did it work?

nonie3234

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I was going to make the same suggestion. It worked for me, anyway, but I'm in the US.

Cool thing is, with the Google Checkout, I can buy Apps with non-US currency. I've purchased two apps from UK developers, and Google makes the conversion.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
Oh I did it a totally different way.

I put the date code in a dialogue that was text and cut and pasted it into the right section...

Thanks guys for your efforts. This is why I love this forum so much...

Phil.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Android Market has blocked me from buying programs.

I tried to change my payment information at checkout.google.com. It comes up with the mobile version (https://checkout.google.com/m/main) on my desktop computer? I can't find any way to force it off the mobile version. I can't find any options for changing payment method on the website version that comes up.

I bought one program through the Market and it worked fine. I tried to buy another with a different credit card and it calls it "invalid credit card"? I've tried my original card and it won't work either. Checkout did not appear to save the first card because it asks for another. I've quadruple checked everything when entering the data. It simply won't work.

I'm stymied! Help please.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Try clearing your browser cache and cookies for the mobile site problem.

For the invalid credit card problem: are you trying to buy an app sold in foreign currency with an Amex card by any chance?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I know you solved the problem. But, I had an idea in case something similar comes up again...

I'm using a Moto Droid - I don't know if its the same functionality on your pulse. But, try this: longpress the field where the typed data would display / select input method / see if there is an option to select alternate keyboards.

Might work.