Is anyone else having problems with the s5 lollipop update? (Battery Draining Fast & Lagging?)

angelinaOO7

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the s5. I’ve always liked my phone and the fact my battery lasted a long time. The camera is ok, not great, but it does ok for what I need. I was excited about the new update that Samsung was rolling out. I wasn’t thrilled to be one of the first carriers that managed the update. We all know that an update isn’t perfect, they have kinks that almost always need to be worked thru before its 100%. I did both updates that were sent out. I got one Sunday and the other one Monday. Ever since then, my phone has been lagging and the battery has been draining FASTER than ever. I've hardly used my phone today and I'm at 39%. 3 hours is not ok. I unplugged my phone from the charger at 7:00 am and it is now 10:34 am. SYNC is not on, just my WiFi and mobile data. I have disabled all animation, I've even uninstalled several apps. WHICH sucks because what’s the point of having a cell phone without my apps. I've turned off everything I can think of that causes a battery drain. ALSO, my notifications and ringtones are not working. When I get a notification, it’s not the one that says it is?? No matter how many times I try to reset it, it does something else. It also gets really hot, constantly. I've turned it off, and I’ve taken the battery out for a while. I've also taken the battery out while turned on. Nothing thus far has worked. ALSO, it takes my phone twice as long to charge!! And my camera is lagging, takes forever to take a picture.
The point I want to stress is that I did NOT have these issues before this update!! My battery would last for about 8 hours with a lot of use.
Things I've done to try and improve my battery:

1. removed 3 of the animation effects, including the unlock and transition effects
2. uninstalled apps
3. disabled S-voice
4. turned off auto sync
5. turned off blue tooth, unless I’m using it.
6. cleaned the cache with clean master and I also use the battery doctor to help optimize my battery!!
7. I even tried "Wipe cache partition"

In the time it’s taken to write this post (10-15 minutes), my phone drained 6%!!!!!
Any HELP, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is anyone else having problems with the s5 lollipop update? (Battery Draining Fast & Lagging?)

I have a Nexus 5 not a S5 I had to do a factory reset to get better battery life. It is better but still not as good as it was with 4.4.4.

angelinaOO7

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Is anyone else having problems with the s5 lollipop update? (Battery Draining Fast & Lagging?)

Thanks! I'd like that to be a "last" resort!! Its such a pain to go thru a factory reset!!

Mike Harte

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

SAME PROBLEMS!!! I loved the S5...latest update has caused all of the same problems you described. I spoke with Verizon..I may have to get a replacement phone! Not happy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech