Lately my LG Optimus on the Straight Talk network has been doing all sorts of weird things. (Ex. flashing, closing a text message when i open it, contacts not receiving text messages i send, noises and flashing screen during calls, phone cutting off for no apparent reason whatsoever etc.) I have also seen, twice, apps on my home screen, different apps both times, one was 'DU Booster' with the android icon and the other was a Straight Talk icon that said 'Data Settings'. Both times I immediately long pressed and hit Uninstall and each time it stated that neither app was in my apps. Then when I was about to go to my settings/apps to check it out, they both just disappeared. Can anybody help me with this? And if so, besides just getting my device back to normal, can I trace this somehow to the person that's doing it, if it is someone remotely viewing my phones details.
    02-12-2015 08:39 AM
    DU Booster is a seriously bogus app. Pretty much all so-called 'booster/optimizer' apps are bogus, but some are worse than others and DU Booster is particularly evil. It's the cause of your problems.

I don't often recommend doing a factory reset but to be sure you get rid of all the gremlins, I would do a reset in this case.

And don't install *any* speed boosters, memory/RAM optimizers or other miracle snake oil apps again!

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    Golfdriver97 and Rukbat like this.
    02-12-2015 08:57 AM
    Lately my LG Optimus on the Straight Talk network has been doing all sorts of weird things. (Ex. flashing, closing a text message when i open it, contacts not receiving text messages i send, noises and flashing screen during calls, phone cutting off for no apparent reason whatsoever etc.) I have also seen, twice, apps on my home screen, different apps both times, one was 'DU Booster' with the android icon and the other was a Straight Talk icon that said 'Data Settings'. Both times I immediately long pressed and hit Uninstall and each time it stated that neither app was in my apps. Then when I was about to go to my settings/apps to check it out, they both just disappeared. Can anybody help me with this? And if so, besides just getting my device back to normal, can I trace this somehow to the person that's doing it, if it is someone remotely viewing my phones details.
    I got halfway through your post and thought of the same thing Crashdamage said.

A reset is probably the only way to get rid of everything. As for your apps, I would re add them slowly, 2-3 at a time for a day or two.
    02-12-2015 09:04 AM
    Also avoid any app that "cleans RAM". "Cleaning RAM" is another way of saying "I don't know anything about Android, but I figured out how to make an app." Android doesn't want clean RAM, it wants as much RAM used as possible.
    02-14-2015 10:15 PM