Please help with hidden elements

Ignas12

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello, i have a samsung S3 nad my screen is broken, and i just can't repair it right now. I had two folders in hidden elements, in gallery. And i am searching for about 8hrs how to find it when phone is plugged into pc. Had downloaded so many remote controls, readed so many forums.. and no answer, please help me. It's really important to me. and sorry for that english:s

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know the only way to 'unhide' elements is to do so from the phone itself. Is your phone responding to touch but can't see the contents? If so, you could connect it to a TV via HDMI (you'd need an MHL cable for that) and see what you're 'touching' on the TV.

If you can see what's on the screen but it's not responding to touch, you could connect a mouse to the phone via USB (you'd need an OTG cable for that) and use the mouse as your finger.

Your other option is to go to a service center and ask them if they can connect your phone to a temporary screen so you can back up your hidden items.

Ignas12

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I can touch it, but i can't see. I can only see it on my PC screen, but i cant press the left button, next to main button, it's just dont react, and without it, i can't do anything..

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What are you using to see your screen on your PC? If it's some sort of VPN software, most of them have a mouse equivalent for the menu button.

You could try this app. It says it doesn't require root, and while it doesn't include a menu button, it does include a multitasking one, and in current versions of Android, long pressing on that is the equivalent of the Menu button, maybe that'll work.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....appspot.app58us.backkey&hl=en&token=2TRywaU8

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, the only way to hide a picture is to put a dot in front of the file name, so picture.jpg becomes .picture.jpg. That's a hidden file in Linux, so it won't be seen by any app not looking for hidden files. (Putting a file named .nomedia [it doesn't matter what's in the file, it can even have 0 length] in a folder prevents files in it from being scanned, but that hides an entire folder and all its sub-folders.)

What Gallery shows (there's no folder for Gallery) is any picture files the Media Scanner finds. But you can't see hidden files on the computer (I just tried), so you'll have to find some way to cast the phone's screen or install a VNC (not VPN) server on the phone (and run it from the PC), or install MyPhoneExplorer, use the PC 'screen' to see the phone and the mouse to move around and press things. (Once you're in there, you can go to Keyboards and check the MyPhoneExplorer keyboard, so you can use the PC keyboard to inpput text (copy, cut and paste work too).

Since there's no specific place the files could be, you'll have to look in every single folder you can get to. (It's going to take a long time unless you find them in one of the first folders you look in. Software that does a 'find' like that - starting at the root of the tree [yes, that's how computer science refers to a storage medium with folders] and looking in every branch, and every branch on that branch, etc., etc., runs VERY slowly. And that's a fast [compared to a human being] computer, keeping records of where it's been, so when it backs out it knows when it gets to the branch it has to look for more branches on.) So I hope you don't have to look too far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol