How do I get my pictures to show at a higher resolution?

smmnsk

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Lowered resolution on important photos...please help

Hi, so I have an HTC desire 816 phone and I took a LOT of pictures from a ski trip that I went on. I wanted to show a few people but I did something that messed up the resolution on the pics. I only moved them to a separate folder in my phone gallery and it somehow lowered the resolution...the photos are so small that I can't even edit them or post them online :( what is going on??? I don't have have an SD card in my phone because there's a lot of space on it. I am so upset about this...is there anyway I can get the original pictures back. They were in high quality and they were really nice. If I can't get them back, I will be so upset :( Please someone, help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lowered resolution on important photos...please help

Welcome to Android Central! What directory did you move the photos to, and how did you move them? Did you use a file manager app, or did you connect the phone to your computer via USB and use Windows Explorer?

I'm wondering if the gallery is only showing the thumbnails of those photos, since it lost track of where the actual photos are. Each photo stored locally causes a thumbnail to be generated (that gets displayed in the gallery overview). Use your file manager app on the phone (either the stock file manager, or a 3rd party one like ES File Explorer) to find the photos in the directory you moved them to, and open one of the photos there--does it open in full resolution?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay