How do I prevent Google Play services from growing in size?

anon(9322387)

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
How to prevent google play services from growing in size

I am using Micromax A80, Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread. My phone has very less internal memory. From last one month Google Play services's data is taking too much memory, so much that once in every hour my phone shows Memory Full error. ( I have to clear data every hour.)

I have 16GB SD card, but Google Play Services cant be moved to SD Card. This problem first started when i tried to update Whatsapp. Any solutions to my problem ?

How can I prevent Google Play Services from occupying all the phone memory.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to prevent google play services from growing in size

Other than disabling Google Play services (which may cause issues), I don't think there is a way to prevent it from auto updating and eating your storage. It looks like your phone is severely limited with internal storage by today's standards, verging on being obsolete. You can try deleting other apps and data, wiping cache, deleting old text messages, and moving all media to your SD card, but that may only be a temporary solution in your situation.

In all honesty, it's probably time to upgrade. Apps get bigger and more advanced over time, so you'll likely be fighting with storage issues as long as you own the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz