Sharing internet via pc/laptop without wifi

Printable View

As of now there is no app to simply connect the two. There is no way of sharing a PC connection to Android because there is no ad-hoc support. You need to root your phone and install a custom rom that supports it.
well there is one more way of sharing the internet connection on my laptop with other devices..!!!!
it is called setting up an ad hoc!!!
i have managed to set up the ad hoc but the android doesn't seems to catch it!!!
Read what @Cyber Warrior said, could have saved yourself some time ;)

You need to install a custom ROM that supports it.
  • 01-12-2011, 03:07 AM
    neo1691
    Read what @Cyber Warrior said, could have saved yourself some time ;)

You need to install a custom ROM that supports it.
    thanks a lot.. actually i had read wat cyber warrior had said but at that time it was too much for me to understand.!!!!

well now i am trying to grasp such words like rooting and customs roms..!!!

so there are roms that support ad hoc..!!!had anyone been succcessful in doing that..!???
  • 02-17-2011, 04:36 PM
    APuHun
    well.. that software is called connectify!!! it converts our laptop to a wireless router itself..!!!:D thats amazing for people like me who doesn't have a wifi router!!!!

but the disadvantage is that it runs only on windows 7!!!! and i have vista:(..

can anyone find out an app/software similar to connectify!!!??

well there is one more way of sharing the internet connection on my laptop with other devices..!!!!
    it is called setting up an ad hoc!!!

the steps are explained in the following article-
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2061/...d_hoc_network/

i have managed to set up the ad hoc but the android doesn't seems to catch it!!!
    the correct link is this: Vista: Set Up an Ad Hoc Network | Microsoft Vista | Tech-Recipes
  • 02-17-2011, 05:30 PM
    Xopher
    I have a wifi link, which is a USB adaptor that plugs into my laptop. The software lets the adaptor act as a wifi access point. I use it all the time when on photo shoots to transmit photos from my camera to my laptop. It's a very nice way to keep everything portable.
  • 05-03-2011, 02:58 AM
    neo1691
    Custom rom..??
    guys is there any custom rom available that has managed port ad hoc???/

so that we can try to port it..???
  • 05-03-2011, 05:14 AM
    Manuzol
    Sharing internet via pc/laptop without wifi
    As long as they are both connected in some way to the same network which yours are then it can be done. All you need to do is setup a network and then setup folder sharing.
    http://www.wellnessstarts.com/nue-sc...gredients.html
  • 09-29-2011, 02:06 AM
    buythismobile
    Re: Sharing internet via pc/laptop without wifi
    Want to connect Android mobile to laptop internet by USB cable

Hello,

Do you have any definitive reply about connecting your phone to internet through USB ?

My laptop is using a Wifi that needs USER and PASSWORD to login, and I cannot login on laptop and phone at the same time (only one user can be connected).

Thanks.
  • 11-30-2014, 04:10 AM
    Sukant Mayekar
    I have wifi hotspot application in my galaxy grand phone but in my room there is wired connection with my laptop.I wanted to know how to connect my laptop wired internet to my android phone?

Regards
    sukant
  • 12-01-2014, 01:30 AM
    Rukbat
    An Ethernet adapter made for the phone. If you search android ethernet adapter, you'll find plenty.

Of course, a little wifi router would also do the job.
  • 12-01-2014, 05:12 PM
    B. Diddy
    Agree--wi-fi routers are cheap, and it will be much more convenient for you to have a wi-fi network. Of course, this probably isn't an option if you're in school or something. Is this your home or apartment?
  • 12-01-2015, 06:15 PM
    mahfuzur rahman3
    You can use a tethering app but that's to share you're phones connection with your computer.