How can I get the root back on my ZTE Z992 Avail 2?

heyitsed

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Loss Of Root On My ZTE Z992 Avail 2

Hey, I'm new here so please be nice if I mess up lol.

So, its been like this for awhile but about a month or two ago, my Avail 2 quit letting me use root access. I checked a lot of other sites but they were of no help. The way I rooted the phone was by an app(which was successful for awhile until it stopped). I don't have a computer which is why I used the app. I checked SuperSU and it said the SUbinary or something like that was not installed and Super SU couldn't install it. That's when I check root checker for the second time and it said root not properly installed. So.. I'm very frustrated and I would try and remove the installed root or whatever's there but I have no PC at my finger tips so yea.

If you can or cannot help, thanks either way. From what I've seen, the phone might not have a way of getting help.

I did factory reset btw(is hard reset the same as that? I might try that if not)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Loss Of Root On My ZTE Z992 Avail 2

It sounds as if you got an update. That should have "failed" (it should check for root and, if the ROM has ever been rooted, it should stop and show you a "failed" notice), but sometimes that doesn't work. Now you have to root the phone gain, using whatever method works for the ROM version you're currently running.

And welcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463