I have been given a Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 by someone who has got fed up struggling with it and is going back to a Windows Laptop.

I have no experience with the Galaxy Note 2014 or with Android

Lots of junk appears to have been downloaded to it. Is there any way to restore it to its initial ("clean") state and then add ONLY what I want (e.g. Browser)?
    02-24-2015 12:23 PM
    I have been given a Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 by someone who has got fed up struggling with it and is going back to a Windows Laptop.

Lots of junk appears to have been downloaded to it. Is there any way to restore it to its initial ("clean") state and then add ONLY what I want (e.g. Browser)?
    Yes you would use a factory reset in this case.

Under Settings in your app drawer you need to locate Backup & Reset. Then under there make sure everything is UNCHECKED like backup to Google's servers, etc. and then at the bottom you will see FACTORY RESET DEVICE.

NOTE: This will erase everything and reset it back to stock. Once it reboots or you reboot the device you will be prompted to go through the Android Setup Wizard and enter in your Google account info and start everything up.

Yes you would use a factory reset in this case.

Under Settings in your app drawer you need to locate Backup & Reset. Then under there make sure everything is UNCHECKED like backup to Google's servers, etc. and then at the bottom you will see FACTORY RESET DEVICE.

NOTE: This will erase everything and reset it back to stock. Once it reboots or you reboot the device you will be prompted to go through the Android Setup Wizard and enter in your Google account info and start everything up.
    02-24-2015 01:34 PM