Hello,

I just bought my first Android phone, a Philips S398 with Kitkat 4.4.2. Now, I've started to install a few apps from Google Play and I can see the apps I've installed myself in MyApps section on the site and on the phone, but those already installed on the phone I can't see them on the site. My question is should I remove the old apps from the phone and install new versions (I think they are new versions) from Google Play? Or is another way to make Google Play see my preinstalled apps so I can update them? Thanks for answers!
    02-27-2015 10:56 AM
    Hello,

I just bought my first Android phone, a Philips S398 with Kitkat 4.4.2. Now, I've started to install a few apps from Google Play and I can see the apps I've installed myself in MyApps section on the site and on the phone, but those already installed on the phone I can't see them on the site. My question is should I remove the old apps from the phone and install new versions (I think they are new versions) from Google Play? Or is another way to make Google Play see my preinstalled apps so I can update them? Thanks for answers!
    Welcome to Android and Android Central!

Since they are system apps, they probably can't be removed. Depending on the app, the new version will take the place of the old one.

Can you give a few examples of the apps?
    02-27-2015 11:01 AM
    I forget to mention which apps they are. So, Gmail, Google+, Hangouts, Maps, etc. The thing is, one of the apps I've installed from Google Play, LiveScore, already asked me to update the Play Store app which was preinstalled on the phone, so I suppose the other apps should be updated too.
    02-27-2015 11:08 AM
    The Google ones will update. I just am a little lost on your first app you mentioned.

From an AOSP M8
    02-27-2015 02:40 PM