Could you help this BlackBerry user in his struggle with Android?

Wybrem

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello

As a BlackBerry & Apple (phone) user so I'm not familiar with most Android terms and programs as 'rooting' and 'odin3', so bear that in mind please.

Now my problem: I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 WiFi (tablet) on the day it came out,-- and I've regret it ever since. It is by far the worst piece of technology out there, slow, sluggish, and the menu's look hideous compared to my BlackBerry and iPhone. So I never used my tablet, it collected so much dust that my vacuum cleaner got jealous of it.

A friend told me that my Tablet is slow AND ugly because it's a Samsung's--therefore not the main Android, what? So from what I understand: I'm basically stuck with Android plus a 8ft pile of Samsung crap -- which can't be deleted for reasons unknown and understandable to me and has to be "rooted" or whatever, makes my device slow and the software look hideous.

My question: How can I install PLAIN Android on my Tablet? I'd prefer 5.0, but 4.4.2 is good as well -- as long as it's nothing from Samsung or any other brand. As a Apple / BlackBerry user I can't actually believe that there's so much crappy versions of a fairly good system out there. Eitherway, I've looked up tutorials, but they're all not clear to me, I need a step by step tutorial, with valid download links a maybe a bit of explanation of what I'm doing.

Bonus Q: Do we have for Android something that we call "AutoLoaders" over at CrackBerry? That would make it so much easier, basically a program, double click and it will install the desired version of Android.

I'm not a complete retard, I do own/work with Windows computers, a BlackBerry, a Apple iPhone, and a few dedi Linux servers. I just don't know squad about Android because as I said it was slow and useless, and busy collecting all the dust in the house.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Haven't rooted or ROM'd a Sammy in quite some time, so let's try to meet in the middle.

We can take this one of two ways: 1. Ask me what ever you are confused on, and I will try my best to explain. Or, tell me where you found your tutorials, and where you are confused.

Wybrem

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Haven't rooted or ROM'd a Sammy in quite some time, so let's try to meet in the middle.

We can take this one of two ways: 1. Ask me what ever you are confused on, and I will try my best to explain. Or, tell me where you found your tutorials, and where you are confused.

Well, oke we go for 1: I have downloaded some ZIP files, and copied it to a SD card, which I inserted in the device. As on that page said, I started in recovery mode, and tried to update via the sd card, however it very quickly says: ERROR, and something with " E:/ could not be found, something like that, but it's in there when I'm in the Samsung Android itself.

Wybrem

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Have you rooted you device?

Check out this link I found on XDA.

Edit: Once rooted, you can install a version stock android called Cyanogenmod.

I don't know how to root, the instructions are not clear enough for me, it;s all way to foreign for me. I gave up, gave the tablet to a child in need. Next time I'll buy a real brand Tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay