Hi,
    I've been on Windows Phone for a while and recently my Lumia 920 broke. Deciding I needed a change, I went with Droid mostly due to the lack of apps available on Windows Phone.

I have a few questions.
    First, I noticed in my "Album" app, I have a "thumbnails" folder. Don't know that I mind this, but when I'm looking at "all photos", is there a way to not see them? What purpose does this folder serve? I get annoyed with seeing twice as many photos in that view.

Second, in line with that, is there a way to default every picture taken and the like to my expandable memory? The phone has only 8GB, and I installed a 32GB card, but other than a few apps, everything seems to save to the phone itself, despite the app being set to save to the card.

Last, can I pick what notification ring each thing gets? Something I liked about WP was that I could set all messages (so FB messages, twitter DMs, Skype messages, and texts) would all get one ringtone, and all email would get another, all notifications another, and all alarms another. Do I have to go into each app and set this up? If so, that's really annoying.

Running ANdroid 4.4.4
    03-02-2015 08:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central. The thumbnail photos might be from an app. Do you recognize any of those pictures? As for the location of photos, try going into your camera app, and clicking menu. There might be a destination option there. As for notifications, there is a general on in Settings, but other than that, each app would have to be altered. Sometimes, an app will have it's own preset ringtone, but usually, it follows the system setting.
    AJ Scoggz likes this.
    03-02-2015 09:10 AM
    Thanks! The thumbs are all the pictures I see in my camera folder. Nothing from apps like Facebook, just what I take when I hit the camera. I have an xperia for what it's worth
    03-02-2015 09:14 AM
    If you mean that you see small pictures, then when you tap one, you get a panel of pictures with the one you tapped at the top and larger, that's how the app works. It's one picture, not 2 copies.

Some camera apps let you set the storage location to internal or external, some don't. Open Camera does, and it's a better camera app than most of the stock ones.

As for ntotifications, that's up to the app. Facebook bas a notification ringtone setting in Settings. Most email and text apps let you set the notification tone. Skype lets you turn notifications on or off, but uses its own sound.
    Golfdriver97 and AJ Scoggz like this.
    03-02-2015 10:33 AM
    No, I had a separate folder called "Thumbnails" that had a 20x20 version of each picture. I deleted it and it didn't break anything.
    03-02-2015 11:42 AM