Here's the issue. I want the new OTA update from Verizon for Android 5.0 lollipop. However, I've removed a ton of bloatware and am afraid that if I unroot, attempt to download the OTA, then re-root, my phone will brick (because I've removed some system apps and bloatware).
    I've also considered getting the nightly CM12 lollipop updates for VS985 (verizon lg g3 variant), but I don't have TWRP and have to go through the Bump'd program (which seems a bit difficult).

I'm still running on Kit Kat which is the issue. I'm kinda new to all this, so any help is much appreciated..some guidance on which route I should go to obtain lollipop would be great.
    03-02-2015 11:43 PM
    Here's the issue. I want the new OTA update from Verizon for Android 5.0 lollipop. However, I've removed a ton of bloatware and am afraid that if I unroot, attempt to download the OTA, then re-root, my phone will brick (because I've removed some system apps and bloatware).
    I've also considered getting the nightly CM12 lollipop updates for VS985 (verizon lg g3 variant), but I don't have TWRP and have to go through the Bump'd program (which seems a bit difficult).

I'm still running on Kit Kat which is the issue. I'm kinda new to all this, so any help is much appreciated..some guidance on which route I should go to obtain lollipop would be great.
    If you do the OTA update, it shouldn't brick the device. What it will do is just take your root away and you won't be able to root again (i had a galaxy s2 a while back, and was rooted on it and i did an OTA update just fine, but it did take away the root). I have an AT&T g3, and to be honest with you, i would look into flashing a ROM. You will have much less bugs (at least from my experience and what I've heard from people running the stock firmware from lg), plus you get much more customization through a custom ROM, and i prefer as close to stock android as possible just cause it looks better in my opinion.

If you do want to flash, it is actually very easy, and I'd be glad to help if you would like to take a go at it. It does look scary at first, but once you do it you will see how easy it really is.

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM
    03-03-2015 11:27 AM
    Yes I would like to get a walkthrough for flashing ROM's. I've never flashed any ROMs before..I've only rooted and stuck with that. However, I have Verizon and I heard that I have to use Bump'd in order to use TWRP. So that part was a bit scary. I think when I go into recovery now, I'm still on stock recovery. But yeah I'd appreciate the help on flashing CM-12 nightly for my verizon lgg3
    03-03-2015 11:09 PM
    Yes I would like to get a walkthrough for flashing ROM's. I've never flashed any ROMs before..I've only rooted and stuck with that. However, I have Verizon and I heard that I have to use Bump'd in order to use TWRP. So that part was a bit scary. I think when I go into recovery now, I'm still on stock recovery. But yeah I'd appreciate the help on flashing CM-12 nightly for my verizon lgg3
    Okay, so your first step is to download the file.

http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed/lg_g3/bump/

That is the link from XDA for the bumb'd TWRP. Make sure you download the one that corresponds with YOUR device model (since you have verizon it should be the VS one at the bottom.

After this, you will need to install a few apps from the play store: ES File Explorer and Flashify. These can be found on the play store.

The easiest way for me to explain the rest would probably through video (I'm more of a visual person so this helped me very much)

That is a link of how to root (you can skip that part since you've already rooted) and install TWRP. You can pick up at the 8 minute mark, that is right after he download the file and the apps needed. Follow his instructions and it is very easy to do. I can explain further if needed, but i think the best way of to have a visual as you go through the process so you can see exactly how to do it.

Let me know whenever you get TWRP up and running, and then i can walk you through on how to get CM12 (it is a much shorter process). Good luck and hope to hear back soon!

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM
    03-04-2015 06:24 AM