I afraid that some apps may run in the background that I do not know. Must all process be seen in the phone? Can the process be hidden?
    03-05-2015 08:28 AM
    Depends on where you are looking.... The stock process tools tend not to through a lot of info at you when you look at them. It isn't that they are trying to hide anything, they are just trying to make it easier for the end-user. System-level processes are often bundled together to avoid information overload. You would need install tools like Better Battery Stats, GSAM, or Elixir to view more detailed system level process information.

As for user apps and services... yes... they should all be readily seen when looking under the Apps->Running tab. Could there be some kind of malicious process running that is hiding? It is possible.... I am not really a mobile expert, but there could be malware out there that could hide itself and do their dirty deeds undetected (such as rootkits, etc). I am not sure how nuanced Android malware is, but I haven't heard of anything pop up on Android that approaches the sneakiness of some of the viruses and trojans we see on desktop OSs.

Why do you think that there is something running that is hidden from view?
    03-05-2015 08:39 AM
    If you use a terminal app and run ps, you'll see all running processes. (Scroll up - there will be tons of them.)
    03-07-2015 07:08 AM