Hey everybody,

This is something Ive been meaning to ask for quit sometime now and its sorta bugging me cause I havnt been able to figure it out. As of right now, I have no way of telling that I have a voicemail. The only way for me to check is to actually call my voicemail on my phone like usual when going to listen to them.

Question - Is there any setting/option that will enable me to see on the notification bar that I have a voicemail? Cause of right now, Ill goto my voicemail and itll say I have like 8 voicemails when I had no idea that I did cause my phone didnt have any sorta of symbol indicating I had voicemail
    01-02-2010 10:39 AM
    What phone do you have and which carrier are you with? There should be some soft of notification in the panel to let you know you have a voicemail. If there isn't, I would call your carrier and tell them you're not getting the notifications.
    01-02-2010 12:22 PM
    Oh, sorry. Im using the Moto Droid with Verizon. Not getting any notifications other then Text messages. Voicemails is the problem. Ill go days without checking cause I dont know I have any then I goto check and it says I have like 10 voicemails. Sorta annoying not knowing I have voicemail.
    01-02-2010 12:53 PM
    I have the same phone, same carrier. However, I personally use Visual Voicemail, so my notification is different than yours, but according to the user guide you should see this:

If you're not seeing that, I would say the network isn't sending your phone voicemail notifications, or there's something wrong with the phone itself. You might have a 3rd party app causing this, or you might just need to do a hard reset. Reprogramming via *228 might also help. Regardless, you should see some sort of a notification in the notifications panel when you get a new voicemail, and I'm pretty sure there's nowhere within settings that you can disable that. I had this problem when I was on Sprint and tech support was able to fix something on their end to get the notifications working again. I
    01-02-2010 01:13 PM
    It might be worth checking out a voice mail replacement service called YouMail. This is the second post in 5 minutes I've made urging someone to check them out.

I have no dog in he fight - I don't work for YouMail or anything. I just LOVE their service. Free. Suppported by Droid. Works flawlessly with Verizon. And offers waaayyyy more than Verizon's vvm.

Check 'em out.

Oh, PS: YouMail has new message notifications, and reminders. Also, they can send a text message or email when you get a new voice mail.
    01-06-2010 03:42 PM
    I know this is an old thread but I just had the same problem. I call the Verizon Tech Support. You have to call from another phone. You can't call from the one that you are calling from. The number is 1-800-922-0204 ( or *611 if from another Verizon Wireless Cell phone). The problem is on their end. They have to reset you Voicemail account. Once they reset mine it worked perfectly. I hope someone in the forum or searching on Google finds this helpful.
    08-28-2010 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD