The battery has battery life. The performance of the battery lowers when time goes by. Any suggestion for the good use of battery?
    For example, should I not to charge the battery to 100%? Any difference between charging by USB and with the charger?
    03-08-2015 12:10 PM
    The battery has battery life. The performance of the battery lowers when time goes by. Any suggestion for the good use of battery?
    For example, should I not to charge the battery to 100%? Any difference between charging by USB and with the charger?
    One good rule of thumb to keep your battery healthy over time is to never let it completely discharge. Lithium ion battery's do perform better if they are charged up starting at about 15-20%

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM
    03-08-2015 12:30 PM
    Some of this may be extreme, but here's what I know of that helps.

Keep it cool, heat kills batteries

Don't leave it plugged in once full, holding it at a full charge also lowers battery life.

Don't let it fully drain. I charge once around 40%.

Unplugging it before a full charge helps, but I don't personally do this.

There's no harm in doing short charges. Li-ion batteries don't suffer memory loss by doing this.

Battery University has loads of info on proper care and use of batteries too.
    03-08-2015 01:56 PM
    Battery University has lots of information - that contradicts the "information" posted here.

Read The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries. Always charge to not only full, but 30 minutes more. Since the charger stops charging at 100%, leaving it plugged in for a few months won't do any harm. Short charges don't do any harm to the battery, they're just a waste of time and power.
    03-08-2015 10:20 PM
    Then either Battery University has changed their info or has conflicting info on their site, because everything I posted was stuff I saw on there. For example, the high charge damage. True the charger shuts off, but it wasn't because of that. You could fully charge it and unplug it with the phone off, leaving it fully charged and still deteriorate the life. That's why batteries are shipped at a partial "storage" charge, because there's no telling how long the battery will be sitting before being used by the consumer.
    03-08-2015 10:35 PM