OK, I have a Galaxy S5 with Verizon. I want to back up the whole phone. Verizon's "Cloud" backup only appears to back up personal settings, from what it seems like they say. I see lots of well-rated Android apps in Play Store, but what would be the best one for this ( free if possible? )?

And if the App is free, is the data storage too?

Are they capable of storing and restoring my whole phone, with all settings and apps?

Thanks!
    03-11-2015 09:57 PM
    OK, I have a Galaxy S5 with Verizon. I want to back up the whole phone. Verizon's "Cloud" backup only appears to back up personal settings, from what it seems like they say. I see lots of well-rated Android apps in Play Store, but what would be the best one for this ( free if possible? )?

And if the App is free, is the data storage too?

Are they capable of storing and restoring my whole phone, with all settings and apps?

Thanks!
    Many backup apps require root, but a popular one that does not is Helium ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup ). It will back up your app data without root, but if you want to save that data in the cloud via Dropbox or Google Drive, you will need the premium version. For things like contact and SMS backup, I suggest Super Backup ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...up.smscontacts ). And finally, I suggest you enable syncing with your Gmail account as that will save various settings and your phone contacts as well.
    03-11-2015 10:34 PM
    Actually, what about backing up my entire phone, apps, settings and all, to my PC for free? We have it set up to use the wireless here in the house, as first priority, anyway.
    03-28-2015 07:02 PM