Can I do screen casting to an hdmi car stereo?

TJs11thPre

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
screencasting to hdmi car stereo?

Hi,

Please reply to confirm if you have successfully established SCREEN CASTING to your car stereo.

Specifically, I want to send video from a phone or tablet with an offline-map-equipped navigation app, to a car stereo with an HDMI input.

My catch is, I have a moto X v.1 and Nexus7 '12 (both kk444) which I've read are not MHL enabled.

Idk if this has changed with later updates, or if recent Chromecast changes have overcome this.

I need to replace existing, so I'd buy a higher end car stereo with HDMI input if I could somehow send the GPS powered navi image to it. But without buying a new mobile device to do so.

Been searching for the last four hours. Saw some XDA threads suggest it's possible, but not a single comment confirming either of my devices casting to car stereo display.

Tia!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: screencasting to hdmi car stereo?

You might be able to do it if you root the N7 and install a custom ROM to enable Miracast support, then use a Miracast dongle connected to the Nav system (like the Asus Miracast dongle). But it doesn't look easy. https://github.com/kensuke/How-to-Miracast-on-AOSP/wiki

Since the 2013 Moto X supports Miracast, it might work with that Asus dongle. A reviewer on Amazon said it worked, but they didn't specify if they had a 2014 or a 2013 Moto X.

litchie

May 25, 2014
Visit site

I just saw something on that last night I'll go see if I can dig it out for you

Posted via the Android Central App

litchie

May 25, 2014
Visit site

It's from YouTube I clip tested it,How it helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae