{SOLVED}How to shut down annoying Page 1 of ...... notifications?

EVJ 99

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi all
First time here. I've a Samsung Galaxy SII phone running Android 4.1.2 & using Kies for updates etc. Last Fri Kies said there was a firmware update, so I went ahead & applied it only for the phone to lock me out thereafter - wouldn't accept my unlock pin for anything, so eventually had to admit defeat & reset which I did yesterday. However, now I have a new & annoying problem with an electronic voice that wants to constantly yap at me every time I swipe a screen with this Page 1 of 7, Page 2 of 7 etc for ALL page swipes.

When I checked online yesterday it appeared this could result with any number of different apps having been installed. Fine I thought - so I uninstalled a few & sure enough problem solved (I thought!!). Today after installing 1 app it kicked off again but didn't stop after I uninstalled that app PLUS about every other possible one I could find to remove. So I gave up & reset it again.

I checked out every other possible trigger - people had mentioned TTS - disabled that, Accessibility options - all sound related disabled, Drive notifications off, etc, etc.

I only use a couple of important Apps = Airdroid & SwiftKey in particular but already it's kicked off even with just those 2 installed.

Given I never had this issue before all this happened on Fri with the firmware update I'm just wondering if it's a likely firmware bug, or if anyone else has suffered a similar fate with a Samsung? Any ideas/suggestions as I really need both those Apps (I'm disabled & can't use phone keys too easily).

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to shut down annoying Page 1 of ...... notifications?

Welcome to Android Central! Go to the App Manager, select Talkback and Disable it. Does that shut it up?

EVJ 99

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Hiya - thanks for the Welcome :). No - afraid that doesn't help either as I don't have it enabled. I really can't help feeling it's got to be something to do with that darned update as I never had the problem prior, yet now after 2 resets it appears I can't add on any Apps or it kicks off and usually witih a different one than the time previous. Just weird!! But appreciate the info - thanx.

EVJ 99

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Great - seems to have sorted me out for the moment. At least I know if it happens again what to do, but it really shouldn't need to be done all being well, otherwise I'll consider either a firmware corruption/fault or phone fault :(. Either way I'll be hammering on Samsungs door methinks!! Thanks so much for your patience & help. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze