Is there a way to move photos back to their original folders?

rollingstones20

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
is there a way to move photos back to their original folders?

I started moving some photos from my samsung galaxy s3 to a new memory card but I put them all in one folder. I should have copied them instead as the memory card could be dodgy. When I go into my gallery all of my old empty folders are gone but I can see them in my files. What I wanted to know is if there is any way I can move my photos back to their original place. I looked at their details but it doesn't say where they were originally. It would just be easier because this is confusing me. Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: is there a way to move photos back to their original folders?

There's no way to find out where they were originally, unless you made a backup or kept a list. Files don't have "I came from" headers. (Except in Windows, when you move a file to the recycle bin - because the whole idea of moving a file to the recycle bin is allowing you to restore it to where it came from.)

Moving them back is as simple as moving them in the first place - just decide where to put them, then move them.

In the future, your pictures will be in the DCIM and Pictures folders. Just copy the folders to the SD card, then delete all the files (but not the folders) in those folders. It's called "maintaining the tree structure". A picture that was in DCIM/Camera/July_4 in the phone will be in the DCIM/Camera/July_4 folder on the card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2