Android OS 2.2.1 Likes & Issues

permagrin

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have to say I love all the changes that came out with v2.2.1, especially the redesign & crispness of the homepage & apps lists.

The Gallery is greatly improved & user friendly.

The stock camera app is a million times better than the original one on the previous version. The default settings needs improvement in high light environments (say an indoor concert) being unable to take a crisp photo or even focused picts, but for whatever reason swapping to Sepia renders very focused photos in the same environment.

Don't know if stock email app changed (as it needed it greatly, given all deleted emails were "locked" forever on the phone in the trash can) as I use K-9 & wouldn't change.

On the down side, it does seem to be laggy & "locks" up more often, like the programing is too heavy, but program code is not my forte. Where I notice it most is while using Gallery, Handcent SMS & FB at the same time or in conjunction with one other.

Failed FB picture uploads needs a revision of some sort. It will stay in the "Notifications" forever unless you reboot the phone. Clicking on it to try to resend does nothing or more like "closing out of the program & back to desktop."

Because of this I've been trying to dock my phone to computer more & transfer photos this way, which brings up another problem... the phone is not recognizing it is docked to the computer vs a straight power source & will not bring up the "Mount Phone (HD)" window or USB icon in the notifications bar at the top of the screen. This is not happening (mount USB option showing) 4 of 5x I try it.

Oh and not sure if this is v2.2.1 issue or Handcent SMS, but the Android "smilies" never show up anymore & they are super cool :cool: vs traditional yellow smilies, so I miss them :(

Google MyTouch 3G (HTC)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma