Hey guys,

One of the reasons why I recently purchased my Asus Transformer Pad was to use it for simple video editing (mostly trimming) for Instagram and other social networks. This is something I normally do with my laptop, but I wanted to start doing it with my tablet, so I can do it on the go.

The problem is, I have tried a few video editing and trimming Apps, and none of them read the format or codec, of the video files. I even grabbed an App called Media Converter (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AndroidA.MediaConverter&hl=en) but I its impossible to upload a video converted by it into Instagram. The upload kept failing, and when I tried to upload a video converted on my PC, it went fine.

Is anyone with Android video editing experience able to help please?

Thanks!
    03-16-2015 08:37 AM
    Any help? :/
    03-18-2015 09:53 AM
    What is the format of the video files produced by that camera? I have found that android video editing is not the best route. Do the editing in your PC with a decent editing program and then transfer the file to your tablet. That's my work flow.
    03-18-2015 01:16 PM
    Yeah, at the moment I am doing it on my laptop, but I bought the tablet precisely to do it on the tablet.

The camera produces .avi video files. Instagram does not read them, but it reads if I convert them to mp4 using kdenlive, which is a video editor for Linux. I am using Media Converter on Android to convert the files to mp4, but they don't work on Instagram, not sure why...
    03-19-2015 06:26 AM