Android misreads the time a picture was taken (EXIF - "Date taken").

The error is on pictures captured with my phone and some cameras but not all cameras. Windows 7 reads all pictures, from all cameras, correct, so the EXIF data is in the pictures.

The wrong time have been seen on Z3, Z3C, Z3TC, S4 mini, S5 etc. Also with Android 4.4.4 and new 5.0.2!

How to I remove/bypass/workaround the error, such I can get my phone and tablet to read the time stamp and sort the pictures in correct order??

I can send a example pictures if it help. Any comments, solutions, ideas are welcomed!
    03-21-2015 04:40 AM
    Are you talking about the modified date, shown when you look at a picture? That's what they sort by, not the EXIF date. And that will change if you copy a picture to another device. The modified time is the time you copied it. If you want the modified date and time to match the EXIF date and time, you'll need an app that "touches" the picture file with the EXIF data, and you'll have to run it on every file you change. (Some computer operating systems can sort by EXIF date of pictures, most can't.)
    03-21-2015 10:35 AM
    Are you talking about the modified date, shown when you look at a picture? That's what they sort by, not the EXIF date. And that will change if you copy a picture to another device. The modified time is the time you copied it. If you want the modified date and time to match the EXIF date and time, you'll need an app that "touches" the picture file with the EXIF data, and you'll have to run it on every file you change. (Some computer operating systems can sort by EXIF date of pictures, most can't.)
    No, I'm talking about the 'Date taken' from the EXIF data.
    03-21-2015 01:58 PM