Why don't my App communications function with the screen off?

joginir

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
App communication does not function with the screen off.

I have several network applications which do not appear to work when the screen is off:

snapchat, android device manager, kik, etc.

These apps do not appear to function if the screen is off. They will however function with the screen turned on, even when locked.

I am running a Samsung Galaxy S5 using Lollipop 5.0 on the Verizon network.

What can I do?

Jake_15

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: App communication does not function with the screen off.

I have several network applications which do not appear to work when the screen is off:

snapchat, android device manager, kik, etc.

These apps do not appear to function if the screen is off. They will however function with the screen turned on, even when locked.

I am running a Samsung Galaxy S5 using Lollipop 5.0 on the Verizon network.

What can I do?

Are you using any battery saver app that turn off data for certain apps when the screen is off? Or do you have any app installed that allows you to hibernate apps when the screen is off?

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Or are you using wifi and have it set to not stay on when the phone is asleep? That would do it too.

joginir

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the replies. I am not running any battery saver apps. I actually recently did a factory reset.

I have both WiFi and mobile data set to on.
Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Always
Always allow scanning: Unchecked

Running some tests using Push-Bullet and Android Device Manager(ADM), the following occurs:

Wifi Off/Mobile-data On: Push successful. ADM Successful.
Wifi On/Mobile-data On: Push appears only after pressing the power-button to enable the screen. ADM fails.
Wifi On/Mobile-data Off: Push appears only after pressing the power-button to enable the screen. ADM fails.

If the Wifi connection is on, but not connected, the push will also be successful (assuming a mobile-data connection is available).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol