Last week I created several voice command reminders that were to remind myself to do something when I got to work. Everything worked flawlessly.

Then suddenly one day last week this function stopped working. I've been trying for a few days to create location based reminders using voice commands and still no love. It simply wants to create the reminder using a time, instead of a location. When the reminder appears for me to confirm creation, it won't even give me the option to set a location.

And stranger still, if I go into my reminders list, I CAN manually create a location based reminder.

I'm on a Nexus 5 with version 5.01. I made no location settings changes before this feature stopped working. I've also tried it on my husband's OnePlus One...his voice command location based reminders do NOT work either.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something that I can do to make this work again? It's driving me nuts...
    03-23-2015 10:24 AM
    I tried it out of the blue last week (after not having created reminders for a veeeery long while) and my phone is now trying to create an alarm with any reminder, not just location based ones. So maybe something got screwed up in Google's servers? Or they changed something without prior notice?
    03-23-2015 11:23 AM
    This is exactly what's happened to me. It's really annoying as I use them more than once daily

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 03:14 PM
    So here's an update on some issues. I've tried this on a Note 4 and a buddy of mine on his Nexus 6. If you try to create a reminder via voice (i.e. saying 'Remind me to Punch Google on the Face at 10AM' or 'Remind me to feed my dog when I'm home'), it will just try to create an alarm, either with the said time or waiting for you to set it if you tried location, as it's not recognized. But if you type the exact same words, the reminder is properly created. Same thing if you create the reminder manually going into the menu side bar.
    03-23-2015 05:23 PM