[active applications](long press home>active applications) does not show whatsapp inside the list.

Q1) I am using Samsung S4, I have whatsapp installed, if someone has whatsapp me during the time that I did not turn on data/wifi, at the moment I turn on data/wifi, immediately I will get notifications from whatsapp in the notifications (top drop down bar) and I can swipe down the top bar to read the whatsapp message inside the notification panel. When I read the whatsapp notifications message inside Samsung S4 notifications panel (I did not tap on whatsapp icon, I did not read it inside the whatsapp), will the sender see two ticks in his whatsapp?

Q2) When the whatsapp notifications appear in my S4 notifications and I read it inside the notifications (I did not tap on whatsapp icon, did not read it inside the whatsapp), will the "Last seen" status be updated to the date that I see the whatsapp message in S4 notifications?

Thanks
    03-28-2015 08:04 AM
    If you receive the message the sender will see the double tick (not blue) . If you read the message and don't have that setting turned off, then and only then, do your messages get double blue tick.

Your last seen doesn't get updated from receiving the messages in the notification panel. Only if you open whatsapp. You can also turn on airplane mode, read the messages, exit out of whatsapp and then turn off airplane mode. That will not change your last seen. But it will send the blue ticks if you have them enabled.

Hope this has helped
    acsurfer likes this.
    03-28-2015 08:09 AM
    A) When I tap (open app) the whatsapp icon, the last seen that all my whatsapp contacts see, will be updated to the time I tap on the whatsapp correct?

B) When I tap (open app) the whatsapp icon, I will see the new unread messages will be in bold text in the first page. If I do not tap the message, the sender will see double tick, the sender will not see blue tick, correct?

C) When I tap (open app) the whatsapp icon, I will see the new unread messages will be in bold text in the first page. If I tap the unread bold message, the sender will see double tick, and see double blue tick, correct?
    03-28-2015 10:55 PM