I was wondering if there is any guide online or on youtube to show how to transfer everything to a new Android device without downloading an app to do so, I thought there was a feature on Lollipop but not 100% sure. I have a Nexus 4 and hoping to transfer everything to my GS6 when it comes.

Is transfering everything as easy and backing up to my Google account and restoring it onto the new phone? Or is there more to it than that? Anything helps!
    03-31-2015 04:31 PM
    I was wondering if there is any guide online or on youtube to show how to transfer everything to a new Android device without downloading an app to do so, I thought there was a feature on Lollipop but not 100% sure. I have a Nexus 4 and hoping to transfer everything to my GS6 when it comes.

Is transfering everything as easy and backing up to my Google account and restoring it onto the new phone? Or is there more to it than that? Anything helps!
    Android backup and restore is hardly complete, but yes, that's about all you have to do. If you have a Google account, to which you backup, when you get your new device and sign into that account, it will download all your apps, contacts from Gmail and a lot of settings.

You'll still have to do some stuff. You may have to set some preferences in some apps, you'll definitely have to log back into apps that have passwords. Stuff like wallpaper, lock screen passwords and the like--that will have to be set up again on the new device. There may be some apps that are incompatible on a new OS or device--you'll find out the hard way, but it usually works out.
    ballzac likes this.
    03-31-2015 04:42 PM