I am seriously considering the above 3 phones. I love the stunning,massive screen on the N6 and am quite impressed with the rest of the specs too.
    However, I am hesitant to make the buy because of the N6's last-gen 32-bit processor. I would like to know what the practical benefits of a 64-bit SoC is?

P.S.-I intend to use the phone for 2-3 years. I won't be shelling out $650-700 on a new phone every other year since in India, only unlocked devices are available-carrier subsidies and upgrades are non-existent.
    04-01-2015 01:32 AM
    To be honest you aren't really going to see a difference on a smart phone. Your best bet for phone wise (going off of display and specs) is the Droid Turbo. Has a 4K display and the best spec in a smart phone. Not to mention it has the best battery life. Always used droids, and before my droid turbo, I used my Droid Rarz Maxx HD for 4 years with no problems
    04-01-2015 10:50 PM
    I am seriously considering the above 3 phones. I love the stunning,massive screen on the N6 and am quite impressed with the rest of the specs too.
    However, I am hesitant to make the buy because of the N6's last-gen 32-bit processor. I would like to know what the practical benefits of a 64-bit SoC is?

P.S.-I intend to use the phone for 2-3 years. I won't be shelling out $650-700 on a new phone every other year since in India, only unlocked devices are available-carrier subsidies and upgrades are non-existent.
    I feel your pain. I have a Note 4 and a Nexus 6 and i'm contemplating trading the Nexus in for a S6 edge. I've played with an S6 a few times now at Best Buy and honestly my Nexus 6 and my Note 4's performance is on par with the S6.

The HTC One M9 runs sense 7.0 which some prefer to stock android, it works very well over top of vanilla android.

If you plan to keep the device that long you may want to reconsider your options. All of your options have non-removable batteries. I will admit that i've never had to replace my Note 4's battery but I would not be surprised if its ability to hold a charge diminishes over a year or two of use. The Note 4 also has expandable memory ( I have an 64GB micro SD in the back of mine). The super amoled screen on the Note 4 is superior to the screen used on the Nexus 6 although it is hard to tell a difference. I also use the IR blaster quite a bit on my Note which i missed a lot when i carried the Nexus 6 around as my daily driver for all but 2 days.. The Droid Turbo Austin is mentioning is exclusive to Verizon and you would have to check the radio compatibility to see if you could use it in your area, however there is such a device called the moto max that may be compatible (same device as the turbo with a different name)

The Nexus 6 will have the best android experience IMO with the quickest updates, the front facing speakers are great as well.

The S6 packs tons of features and the newest technology, so it may aid in future-proofing a device that will run you around $700

The M9 should be a great device given the success of the M8

Seriously consider the Note 4, its my favorite device and the best smartphone/phablet according to MKBHD, AC, PhoneDog, CNET, etc.

FYI, the turbo does NOT have a 4K (UHD) display its a QHD display and it does not have the best specs a smartphone. Same processor as the Note 4 and the Nexus 6 (SD 805)
    04-07-2015 12:37 PM