How do I delete spam email address from my phone?

NascarGranny

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Email keeps email address

I am new to the Samsung Galaxy s5 and all the spam emails I get there email address stay. How do you delete them. This is so bull. If I would have know I would have kept my iPhone. Please some help me. Thanks

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Email keeps email address

Are the e-mail addresses staying in your contact list? Are you using the GMail app or the stock E-Mail app?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Somewhere in the settings of your email app there must be an option to automatically add unknown addresses to your contacts. I don't have a Samsung so I can't tell you exactly how or where to find it, but some poking around or a look in the user manual should find it.

If you have been saving your contacts to your Google account (aka Gmail) as you should be doing, the fastest way to delete the unwanted contacts is to log into your contacts online, select the contacts to delete and click Delete. Then resync contacts to the phone and you're good.

If you have not saved your contacts to Google as you should, you'll have to delete the unwanted contacts manually on the phone. The user manual will give the exact steps for that?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Every time you add a new contact there will be an option to choose where you want to save the contact. Usually the choices are your Google account, phone storage or the SIM card. The pick list is near the top of the new contact window on my Nexus devices but it could be somewhere else on a Samsung, I don't know. If you can't find it then again, check the user manual.

If you always save contacts to your Google account they're always backed up so you won't lose them and easy to restore if you need a new phone.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

NascarGranny

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

Thanks guess I will just not get emails on this phone. I will be glad when I am done with it, nothing but trouble, should have stayed with my iPhone. Live and learn

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad