I've found several place where people are posting there SD & Phone storage caps or data, and they seem to show both total and available.

One also showed total & available for each of the following (all three partitions):

SD Card
    Internal Phone Storage
    Phone Memory
    --I saw there was multiple partitions but couldn't tell what was where when I was browsing around with astro--

Mine only has:
    Internal phone storage
    available space

It does have sections / stuff too:

SD card (Total, available, unmount, -format-grayed out)
    Personal Data (factory reset)
    Personal data

I have the evo. I am guessing I'll have to root and download some alternate SD & phone storage app or change a switch somewhere.
    12-27-2010 10:59 AM
    Welcome to the forums...
    I'm trying to figure out if you're talking about the 8gb of storage on your phone , and if its possible to extend that? If that is what your talking about - the answer is yes. If that's not what you were referring too.. my apologies.

Edit: This link should get you to know more about your phone.

Here you go.
    12-27-2010 11:06 AM
    For instance....

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...e-storage.html

Has quotes 3 sections of data. Each with total and available

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...ing-low-2.html

Shows a screen cap with all three sections each with total and available

Though my SD section also has options to "unmount SD card", and "Format SD card"

I didn't see the answer in the link you sent. I looked under several categories. Unless I am overlooking it or it goes by a different name. I made sure to title my subject "SD & Phone Storage" as it appears on the screen so that when we figure out the answer, others with the question can find it easily too.
    12-27-2010 12:21 PM
    I could be totally off base here (i only know very basic things about tech stuff and phones)

Are you just asking where you can see the total and available for the internal, sd, and memory?
    If so I have a free app from the market called "android system info" it tells you the total and available for those (memory is RAM) so look for RAM. If this wasn't what you were talking about sorry.
    02-06-2011 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD