Double tap Home to get Recent App List?

sloked

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know if ther is way or an App that will enable me to double tap on he Home button and will bring up my recent app list (like the long press on home). Something fast. The long press takes too long and apps like QuickDesk and Itching Thumb are too heavy and take a second to load. I don't need shortcuts or app killers mixed into it, just a super fast double tap on Home for my recent apps that also works in landscape. I have an un-rooted EVO 2.2.

Thanks.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Not that I can think of, double tapping home in sense will expand an show all seven screens.
So it seems to me you would have to use a Third party launcher, I have ADW and know that it doesnt support that in the settings to the best of my knowledge

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Or just wait for the new version of Sense which will have that list of apps on your notification pull down. If you can't wait I pretty sure if you root you can get the new version now.

sloked

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Or just wait for the new version of Sense which will have that list of apps on your notification pull down. If you can't wait I pretty sure if you root you can get the new version now.

Nice, I can't wait for the new Sence. And it sounds like I don't have too?! The notifications bar still seems a little cumbersome for quick multitasking, but I did go back to QuickDesk and set it to always show the recent Apps upon opening. I also removed all of the shortcuts on it so now it seems pretty snappy.
I just wish Sence would replace the preview of the seven home screens to the last seven apps you have used. Maybe to close to WebOS? Then the double tap on home would show them or the pinching on the home screen would too. Seems like I rarely use that feature to jump between home screens and am always long pressing for the multitasking. I think they should be switched, but that's just me.
Thanks for the replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma