Server error, please try again or return to previous screen, tried everything!! Help!

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i recently traded my droid x for a samsung fascinate and i love it! but the guy i traded told me he was having issues with the marketplace. i had a similar issue with my old incredible and i was able to fix it by clearing cache in market, forcing stop and rebooting. so i thought no big deal. i was wrong because i have tried everything and cant get it to clear. i even created a new google account and it says the same thing as soon as i try and open the marletplace, "server error, please try again or return to the previous screen"

he did tell me he had it rooted running "darkhole rom" but unrooted it for me when we traded. everything on the phone works perfectly, internet, emails, gmail, pre'installed apps... and my connection is great both in 3g and wifi... what do i do!!!
QUICK SIDE NOTE: i called samsung support and they tried to get me to do a system recovery on my phone by turning off my phone, holding down volume button, and pressing the power button. it brings up the downloading screen with the yellow triangle, but freezes there... ultimately i have to do a battery pull... what do i do?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Jump over to the Fascinate forums and look around there. You can put the original Fascinate ROM back on your device, and get it running like it just came out of the box. I've never heard of the darkhole rom, but I don't run any customs ROM's. Anyway, that Fascinate forum has some good info on rooting/unrooting and flashing back to the stock ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech