So I'm thinking of factory resetting my phone because it's so cramped for internal space that I can't recieve text messages any more but I've combed through all my apps and even deleted a majority of them to the point where i only have one app on my phone now and I still can't find anything to account for all of this storage use, so I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to reset this piece of crud. I've already moved all of my files to an sd card but my question is this: I buy service cards for my phone to put data and minutes on it, I just bought another card just about yesterday, so if I reset my phone will i need to buy another card? Or will those minutes still be there so I can use my phone? I understand this is probably a stupid question but I need to know. Thanks.
    04-05-2015 02:05 PM
    If I am understanding you correctly, you bought minutes and data allowance on a prepaid refill card,and recently added this to your phone. This info is stored on your account with your carrier, not locally in the phone. A factory data reset will not make any difference with regards to the minutes and data allotment, though keep in mind that the phone tends to download stuff after a factory data reset, which would use part of your data allowance.

You can take your sim card to another phone if you wish as well, without affecting the minutes and data allowance
    belodion likes this.
    04-05-2015 03:08 PM
    1) Check Storage/Miscellaneous. There's usually a lot of space being used in there.

2) Read Low on space? Dump logcat.

3) Unless it's a Tracfone, your minutes are kept by the carrier, not on your phone. I don't know whether a factory reset on a Tracfone would lose your minutes, but it won't on any other operator. (It shouldn't. Check how much time you have left before the reset and if you lose more than 1 minute by resetting, call them and ask for their help.)
    04-05-2015 05:31 PM