As the title states I will be setting up a new personal device I'll be getting this weekend. My current device has my work, email, and calendar in addition to my personal Google variants. Last time I set it up all that happened is that my request was "quarantined" until I call in the help desk so that they could verify that I signed an agreement to abide by the mobile policy. The agreement does state that they reserve the right to access all data.

Is it technically possible access all data just by having these accounts set up or is there software that needs to be set up on the device?

Thanks
    04-07-2015 09:02 AM
    What system are you using to access your work stuff?
    04-07-2015 02:25 PM
    I don't think it's possible for them to access all of your data just by you adding an e-mail account. It's probably a catch-all statement since having the e-mail account could pull in some of your contacts/etc... If it's an exchange account, they can also remotely wipe your phone and the fact that they have something in their agreement would give them an out if they deleted data that was important to you.

If your company is using Exchange, you could try an app called Nine. It's $10, but it allows you to "firewall" the application data so that the device policies (such as being able to remotely wipe your phone) only apply to the app itself.
    04-08-2015 09:14 AM