Should I stay with Samsung?

A

AC Question

Good morning,

This month I am thinking about buying a new pone, I have had a Samsung Galaxy S II and it was good, I switched to a Samsung Galaxy S III but I had a bad experience. Some people also told me that they had Samsung mobiles and had a bad experience. Right now I don´t really know what pone to buy, I was interested in the Glaxy Note 4 (but again, I am afraid that the pone will start running slow and have some glitches) or th Iphome 6 Plus (I´ve never had a iPhone before and I think its over priced). I also was looking at the Sony Xperia Z3, Huawei Ascend Mate 7, LG G3, and one plus one, but again none of this phones are as powerfull as the Note 4. I am a University student, and I do a lot of my work on my way home, so I am looking for a pone that can keep up with the multitasking, and a good battery life. Also I am almost finishing my stidies, and I want a pone that I can use for a long period on my future job, I wish you could help me PLEASE!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

There are lots of options out there. The G3, M8, are both solid devices. A couple of the editors on AC like the Z3. The great thing about Android is the number of options you have for devices. Now is probably the best time of year to look for a new one. So many new devices come out in the spring. The new wave of S6 is coming out soon, along with the M9, and LG is going to announce the next flagship later this month.

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
For what it is worth I had a samsung galaxy s3 and found it to be an excellent phone. I recently upgraded to the note 4 and I am extremely satisfied. However, I see that Samsung is going the way of non replaceable batteries and no micro SD slot. There's a good chance that my note 4 will be my last samsung phone.

Posted from my Sammy Note 4

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Good morning,

This month I am thinking about buying a new pone, I have had a Samsung Galaxy S II and it was good, I switched to a Samsung Galaxy S III but I had a bad experience. Some people also told me that they had Samsung mobiles and had a bad experience. Right now I don´t really know what pone to buy, I was interested in the Glaxy Note 4 (but again, I am afraid that the pone will start running slow and have some glitches) or th Iphome 6 Plus (I´ve never had a iPhone before and I think its over priced). I also was looking at the Sony Xperia Z3, Huawei Ascend Mate 7, LG G3, and one plus one, but again none of this phones are as powerfull as the Note 4. I am a University student, and I do a lot of my work on my way home, so I am looking for a pone that can keep up with the multitasking, and a good battery life. Also I am almost finishing my stidies, and I want a pone that I can use for a long period on my future job, I wish you could help me PLEASE!
Go for it and get galaxy s6 or edge

dukejake4

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Easy answer my friend- STAY WITH SAMSUNG!!! I've had the S3, S4, iPhone 4, and now currently Note 4 but first let me say this.... Iphone users hate samsung(android) and vice versa. Everyone has their own opinions about their brand of choice and most people will stick to those phones no matter what. In my case, you could offer me $200 to use an iPhone for a month and I would kindly, but definitely refuse. So here is my honest opinion:

After breaking my S4 I had to use my sisters old IPhone 4 for 4 months. After having two samsung galaxy phones before using the iphone, instantly I could tell I had downgraded. The OS, display, appstore, battery, overall quality of the phone was a real disappointment to me. By the time my upgrade got closer, I was counting the days and minutes until I could go back to a samsung. NOWADAYS- I have a Note 4 and I swear I'm more in love with this phone than my girlfriend of 4 years....lol. (btw if she saw this i better make room outside in my dogs kennel cuz that's where I'll be sleeping for tonight) but the Note 4 is truly an amazing phone and continues to impress me the more I use it. I can't pin just one favorite thing about this phone because everything about it is perfect for me. I use the S pen all the time in my college courses and I have over a hundred pictures of my professors whiteboard notes I take with this phone using screen write. For people who complain about battery problems with this phone, I guarantee its because if they get anything less than 30 hours with heavy use they are disappointed and complain. Or, they have these battery and cleaner apps installed like clean master and du battery saver that are actually draining battery by constantly running in background.. I say that because I have tried numerous apps like those with all my phones and still had battery issues, so I uninstalled them all and BOOM! Just like that my battery life dramatically increased. If I don't stop now I never will so, moral of the story,

GET A SAMSUNG NOTE 4 and you will not be disappointed!!

Davidvan

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I recommend you can get a Oneplus One other than a Samsung Galaxy Phone, sporting the Cyanogenmod OS. You will like it !, Also, it is much less expensive than Samsung smartphones. You can search for more details. Good luck!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid that the pone will start running slow
All phones will after a while. A phone with a 600MHz CPU with 512MB of RAM isn't going to be fast when running an app designed to run on a quad core 1.5GHz CPU with 3GB of RAM. Three years from now a phone that we consider top of the line today will be too small and slow to tun the apps being written then.

It's not a conspiracy to sell new phones either. If you want to keep running the versions of all your apps written 4 years ago, the phone will run just fine. It's your desire to run current apps that makes it necessary to buy a new phone.

and have some glitches)
Somne updates have bugs on some phones (since the update has to be rewritten to run on each phone), but they get fixed eventually. (The 4.3 update to the S3 eventually worked, and that was about the worst mess ever at first.)

or th Iphome 6 Plus (I´ve never had a iPhone before and I think its over priced).
Not only is it overprices (about 35% of the price is for the little rotten fruit emblem), but you can't do anywhere near as much with an iPhone as you can with an Android phone, even if you jailbreak (root) the iPhone.

The Note 4 is a good phone. I'd stay away from the S6 (and any other phone they come out with that doesn't have a removable battery or an SD card). If you want battery life, though, either use an iPhone (they're better on the battery than an Android) or carry a spare battery or two and swap when the one in the phone gets down to 40%.

TheOriginalWolfman

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
If you want battery life, though, either use an iPhone (they're better on the battery than an Android)

I don't mean to argue your opinion but I've had the worst experience with iphone battery...they don't last at all even with moderate use...I've had the 4s and 5s and I was always looking for somewhere to charge my phone by mid day...now I have a note 3 and the battery lasts about 16-18 hours with above average to heavy use and more with regular use...I never got such battery life with iphones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech