If I do a Speed Test it will say I hit 60Mbps on the Download and 15Mbps on the Upload, which in theory is great, but my actual connection is garbage. Trying to load Facebook or Instagram for example takes FOREVER and I never get notifications unless I disconnect and switch over to 4G. This is on either the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz connections.

I have played around with pretty much ever setting I could on the phone and modem/router including toggling the MTU settings, what channel the Wireless is broadcasting on, taking off Encryption and leaving it an Open SSID, etc. but it doesn't seem to help. Also I am on the latest Firmware as well.

I thought it was the phone at first, but when I stayed at a friends house for the weekend and connected to his Wireless I had very few problems. Stuff loaded normally, but I still had slight issues with notifications where they just were delayed by like 30 minutes, which I can deal with.

I wanted to see if anyone else was having similar issues with this device. Mind you, every other wireless device I have in my house (laptops, gaming systems, streaming devices) run perfectly fine with zero issues, it's just anything Android. I need to determine if I just have a bad modem/router or if it is something else.
    04-09-2015 11:10 AM
    Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried changing the DNS server? The Ultimate Guide to Changing Your DNS Server
    04-09-2015 05:56 PM
    It was the modem/router. I disabled the wireless from it and hooked up my older one, configured it and BOOM blazing speeds on all of my Android devices. I still do not get Notifications though which I think is an issue with the 5.0 Lollipop update I applied to my phone awhile back.
    04-15-2015 12:14 PM
    Hi,

I just bought this modem last week and I see the same issue. I chat with netgear and they are blaming the problem with android device. Did you get any solution?

Thiru
    09-12-2015 01:52 PM