YouTube app sound is delayed. How to fix it?

A

AC Question

When i play video from YouTube, sound and video are not in synced. Let me know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Have you checked the same videos on your computer? I've noticed that some YouTube videos have that lack of synchronization as a flaw in the video itself, not of the device.

Tommy L1

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have Samsung S6 Edge and notice same problems with delay in sound when i check youtube.
I have a Iphone and checked and no delay on the iphone but seeing the problem with the Samsung Phone.

It would be nice to have more people looking for this because its quite anoying.

I have reset phone and also emty chache and done all i can to eliminate the problem but nothing works.

Its not a huge delay but you see it quite easy if you just look for it.

/TL

Love the phone in all other areas...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this will help, but go to Settings>Developer Options (if you don't see it, then go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times). Then switch the media player--if it's set to NuPlayer, change it to AwesomePlayer, or vice-versa. Now see if the problem persists.

Lonns

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this will help, but go to Settings>Developer Options (if you don't see it, then go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times). Then switch the media player--if it's set to NuPlayer, change it to AwesomePlayer, or vice-versa. Now see if the problem persists.

Hi this seems solving The problem i had. Really thanks for The help.

armhieko

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have Samsung S6 Edge and notice same problems with delay in sound when i check youtube.
I have a Iphone and checked and no delay on the iphone but seeing the problem with the Samsung Phone.

It would be nice to have more people looking for this because its quite anoying.

I have reset phone and also emty chache and done all i can to eliminate the problem but nothing works.

Its not a huge delay but you see it quite easy if you just look for it.

/TL

Love the phone in all other areas...

as b.diddy said.. Settings>Developer Options (if you don't see it, then go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times). Then switch the media player--if it's set to NuPlayer, change it to AwesomePlayer. then restart your device and everything will be back to normal :) i did it on my s6 edge and it really works thnks b.diddy

Last edited by a moderator:

genuhvi

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

Hi! I cant seem to find the media player option when im at the developer options. I am using a galaxy note 3. Could you help advise on what i could do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not all devices on Lollipop have the NuPlayer vs. AwesomePlayer setting in Developer Options.

Does the sound only become unsynced when you go to fullscreen mode, or change orientation?

hipkatt

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Where are we supposed to click on settings? In the Youtube app? I have a samasung Galaxy tab (4 or 5 I forget) that has a lag problem

hipkatt

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
to clarify, you need to go to your device settings, not youtube settings. This confused me at first, i thought i needed to go to the Youtube settings. Once i realized it was the device settings, it seems to have fixed it.

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site

What if there's no NuPlayer or AwesomePlayer or etc on my phone? My Youtube's always delayed. :( Help me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy