Why don't I receive notifications?

A

AC Question

I do not receive notifications

I have xolo omega 5.0 in it i doesn't get notifications at the time when i receive them. Even when i connect my phone to whats app web and when it turn to sleep whats app web says that it is disconnected even after i have check that wifi is always on even in sleep mode.neither i receive notification of gmail hike etc.
i receive the notification only when i open the app..
please tell me some solution to this problem.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: I do not receive notifications

Not familiar with Whats app, but check the settings in the app. After an update sometimes the settings can get changed. Be sure there isn't a refresh rate setting that has changed. If a setting like this is changed instead of looking for new messages every 5 or 10 minutes it may be looking for them every hour or few hours. While you're in the settings also check that your notification settings are correct, i.e. sound, vibe, and LED. If they all look good but still not working try setting the sound to a new ringtone other than "use the default tone". Then test after each of these steps to see if there is any change. If you don't find anything in the app settings check your sync settings on the device. Be sure that Whats app is set to sync automatically and that there are no options there. Also check the device notification settings. Be sure they are not set to silent and vibrate and/or LED are set correctly. Byond that you could try to uninstall the app and then install it again to see if an update corrupted something during the install that is preventing you from getting the notifications.

yogendraabo

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

i have checked all the settings. the sync time is the lowest. and auto sync is on. background data is also on. wifi is always on in my phone. the phone is not on silent mode.
when i press the home button for a long time for cleaning the recent apps its looks like a task killer .. i think it may be the reason what do u say

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Taking some apps out of your multitasking selection will kill some apps and stop them from running in the background, however messaging and email are never really killed, and most will self start if they are killed by accident. If you think holding the home button to clear the multi selection is acting as a task killer, try swiping them away to see if getting rid of individual items is the same as getting rid of them all. As for the set to silent thing, see my screenshot below. It's my first option...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-26-14-58-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-26-14-58-44.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae