I have an icon telling me my storage is getting full. So I bought I new sd card. How do I move my pictures, videos, apps. to it?
    04-14-2015 11:21 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? The easiest way to move videos and pictures is to unmount the current card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Use Windows Explorer to copy those files to your hard drive (which you should be doing regularly anyway as a backup). Then insert the new card and copy those files to there. When you insert the new card into the phone, those files will be available.

You can't transfer apps that way. If you have any apps "Moved to SD Card," then before you get rid of the old card, make sure you select each app that was Moved to SD, and make sure you Move to Phone Storage (do this by going to Settings>Apps​, selecting the app, and tapping the Move to Phone Storage button). When you insert the new card, you can then move those apps back to SD.
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? The easiest way to move videos and pictures is to unmount the current card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer. Use Windows Explorer to copy those files to your hard drive (which you should be doing regularly anyway as a backup). Then insert the new card and copy those files to there. When you insert the new card into the phone, those files will be available.

You can't transfer apps that way. If you have any apps "Moved to SD Card," then before you get rid of the old card, make sure you select each app that was Moved to SD, and make sure you Move to Phone Storage (do this by going to Settings>Apps​, selecting the app, and tapping the Move to Phone Storage button). When you insert the new card, you can then move those apps back to SD.
    04-14-2015 06:04 PM